Paul S. Moxley
Paul Moxley, Chief Executive Officer of Texas Regional Bank since 2012, has decades of experience leading some of the region’s most respected financial institutions. Mr. Moxley began his banking career in 1970 with McAllen State Bank. He moved on to become Executive Vice President and Director of Valley Federal Savings & Loan, followed by three years as President and Director of Security State Bank in Pharr, Texas. In 1986, he joined Texas State Bank, working with legendary Valley banker Glen Roney. He served as President and Director of Texas State Bank and Executive Vice President of Texas Regional Bancshares, Inc. for 20 years, until Texas State Bank sold to BBVA, the second largest bank in Spain. As President and Regional Manager for South Texas, Mr. Moxley was instrumental in overseeing the 2008 integration and conversion of Texas State Bank into BBVA Compass, before retiring in August 2011.
Mr. Moxley has a strong record of service to his nation and his community. He is a United States Army veteran who served two years in South Vietnam and 14 years in the Army Reserves. He currently serves on the board of the McAllen Country Club and as an Advisor to the McAllen Economic Development Corporation. Mr. Moxley has served on the boards and as President or Chairman of many civic organizations including: Texas Bankers Association, Easter Seals Rio Grande Valley Chapter, McAllen Rotary Club, McAllen Chamber of Commerce, McAllen Traffic Commission, Boys and Girls Club of McAllen, McAllen Health Facilities Development Corporation, Pharr Industrial Foundation, and Pharr Chambers of Commerce. He also has served on the boards of Leadership McAllen, McAllen Affordable Homes, Inc., and Pharr United Way and is a past member of numerous community organizations including the McAllen Rotary Club, the McAllen Chamber Greeters, and the Jaycees.
Paul has a record of service to his community. He currently serves on local boards and is a past member of several other community-based organizations.
Current Board Membership:
- McAllen Economic Development Corporation – Advisory Director
- McAllen Country Club – Director / Past President
Past Board Membership:
- McAllen Health Facilities Development Corporation – President
- Texas Bankers Association – Director and Chairman
- McAllen Affordable Homes, Inc.- Director
- Leadership McAllen- Director
- Pharr Industrial Foundation – Director/ Chairman
- Easter Seals Rio Grande Valley Chapter – Director/ Chairman
- Pharr United Way – Director
- Boys and Girls Club of McAllen– Director / President
- McAllen Traffic Commission – Director / President
- McAllen Chamber of Commerce – Director / President
- Pharr Chambers of Commerce – Director / President
- McAllen Rotary Club – Member
- McAllen Chamber Greeters – Member
- Jaycees – Member
- State Bar of Texas – District 12-B Grievance Committee – Member