Robert R. Farris
Bobby Farris, Chairman of TRB Wealth Management, is known throughout the Valley for his business acumen, community involvement, and philanthropy. After graduating from the Marine Military Academy, the Harlingen native earned a BBA in Finance from the University of Texas at Austin and an MBA in Finance, with honors, from St. Edward’s University. In 1980, Mr. Farris began working at Valley Transit, a full-service bus company founded by his grandfather in 1941. He has served as President of VTC since 1999, overseeing intercity, airport shuttle, charter, and package express service. Mr. Farris holds a Texas Real Estate Broker license, is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and is licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard as an Offshore Master Captain. He also is an accomplished pilot holding multi-engine/instrument ratings as well as a SIC rating in the B-25.
The Farris family has long been involved in Rio Grande Valley banking. Mr. Farris’ father helped organize Harlingen State Bank in 1974. After Harlingen State Bank sold to Texas State Bank in 1999, the younger Mr. Farris served as a TSB director until 2007, when the bank sold to BBVA. He also was elected to the Board of Texas Regional Bancshares in 2005, where he served on the Audit Committee.
Mr. Farris has a strong record of community and public service. He currently serves on the Valley Zoological Endowment and Valley Baptist Hospital Holdings boards, on the First United Methodist Church Finance Committee, and as Vice-Chairman of the Texas Regional Bank board. He has served as President or Chairman of the Board for many other business and community organizations, including the American Heart Association, the Harlingen Chamber of Commerce, the Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Harlingen Economic Development Corporation, Harlingen Waterworks, United Way of Harlingen, the Valley Baptist Foundation, and the Texas Bus Association. He also has been on the Salvation Army, Texas Motor Transportation Association, Loaves & Fishes Foundation, University of Texas at Austin Business Administration Foundation, and University of Texas at Brownsville Development Boards. He has served as Budget Chairman for Gladys Porter Zoo, on the Texas Bar Association Grievance Committee, and as a Harlingen City Commissioner.
Bobby has a record of service to his community. He currently serves on four boards and is a past member of 17 other community-based organizations.
Current Board Membership:
- Valley Zoological Endowment Board
- Texas Regional Bank – Vice-Chairman
- First United Methodist Church Finance Committee
- Harlingen Airport Board
Past Board Membership:
- Harlingen City Commissioner
- Glady’s Porter Zoo – Budget Chairman
- Texas State Bank – Board of Directors
- American Heart Association – President
- United Way of Harlingen – President
- Harlingen Chamber of Commerce – Chairman of Board of Directors
- Valley Chamber of Commerce – Chairman of Board of Directors
- Harlingen Waterworks – Chairman of Board of Directors
- Texas Bus Association – President
- Harlingen Economic Development Corporation – Chairman
- University of Texas at Austin Business Administration Foundation Board
- Texas Motor Transportation Association
- Salvation Army – Board of Directors
- University of Texas at Brownsville Development Board
- Valley Baptist Foundation – Chairman
- Texas Bar Association – Grievance Committee
- Loaves & Fishes Foundation – Board of Directors
- Valley Baptist Hospital Holdings – Board of Directors