Tudor Uhlhorn is an astute businessman and farmer from Harlingen, Texas. After earning a B.S. in Agricultural Economics from Texas A&M University and an MBA from Southern Methodist University, Mr. Uhlhorn returned to the Valley in 1983. He soon assumed management of his family’s businesses: Har-Vest, Rio Grande Equipment Co., and RGE Services, Inc. In addition to farming, Mr. Uhlhorn’s family has been involved in banking in the Rio Grande Valley since 1974, when his father helped organize Harlingen State Bank. Shortly after Harlingen State Bank merged with Texas State Bank in 1992, the younger Mr. Uhlhorn was elected to the Board of Directors of Texas State Bank. He also was elected to the Board of Directors of Texas Regional Bancshares in 2005 and served until 2007 when the publicly-traded company was sold to BBVA.
Mr. Uhlhorn has a strong record of community involvement and public service. He currently is on the Board of Directors of the Rio Grande Valley Sugar Growers, the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Development Board, the Valley Zoological Society Endowment, the Harlingen Cotton Committee, and the St. Alban’s Day School Endowment, and was recently re-elected to the Harlingen City Commission. He has served on the Boards of Southern Texas Title Company, the North Harlingen Rotary Club, the Rio Grande Council Boy Scouts of America, the Tip of Texas Girl Scout Council, and the Cotton and Grain Producers of the Lower Rio Grande Valley. He has been either President or Chairman of several civic organizations and business entities including the University of Texas at Brownsville Development Board, United Way of Northern Cameron Country, Cameron Country Irrigation District #11, Valley International Airport, and the Harlingen Area Chamber of Commerce. He also has been a Vestry Member at St. Alban’s Episcopal Church.
He currently serves on six boards and is a past member of 11 other community-based organizations.
Current Board Membership:
- Rio Grande Valley Sugar Growers – Board of Directors
- University of Texas at Brownsville – Development Board – (Past Chairman)
- Valley Zoological Society (Glady’s Porter Zoo) – Endowment Board of Directors
- Harlingen Cotton Committee – Member
- St. Alban’s Day School – Endowment Board of Directors
Past Board Membership:
- Texas State Bank – Board of Directors
- Texas Regional Bancshares, Inc. – Board of Directors
- Southern Texas Title Company – Board of Directors
- Valley International Airport – Chairman, Board of Directors
- Cameron County Irrigation District #11 – Bayview – President, Board of Directors
- Harlingen Area Chamber of Commerce – Chairman, Board of Directors
- United Way of Northern Cameron County – Past President, Campaign Chairman and Budget & Admissions Committee member
- Rio Grande Council Boy Scouts of America – Friends of Scouting Campaign Chair
- Tip of Texas Girl Scout Council – Board of Directors
- North Harlingen Rotary Club – Board of Directors
- Cotton and Grain Producers of the Lower Rio Grande Valley – Board of Directors
- St. Alban’s Episcopal Church – Vestry Member