Harlingen native Bill Elliff was one of the organizers of Texas Regional Bank and serves as Chairman of Facilities and Construction. Mr. Elliff is a successful, third-generation Rio Grande Valley auto dealer with a B.A. in Finance from Hardin Simmons University. He began his career at Elliff Motors in 1986 and, fourteen years later, with his brother Joe, assumed ownership of the business started by their grandfather in 1944. Since then, they have expanded the original location in Harlingen and opened a second dealership in Pharr, featuring late-model used cars, trucks, Polaris UTVs, and several lines of trailers including Big Tex and Wells Cargo. In 2015, they purchased an interest in Boswell Ford in San Benito, and now operate two Boswell Elliff Ford locations selling new Fords and quality pre-owned vehicles. Mr. Elliff has served as Vice Chairman of Valley Baptist Health System, Chairman of Valley Baptist Health Plans, on the Valley Baptist Audit, Finance, and Human Resource Committees, and on the Valley Baptist Foundation Board of Directors. He also has served on the Harlingen Chamber of Commerce and Salvation Army Boards.
Bill has a record of service to his community. He has served on several boards and organization committees.
Current Board Membership:
- Valley Baptist Health System- Vice Chairman
- Valley Baptist Health Plans- Chairman
- Valley Baptist Human Resource Committee- Chairman
- Valley Baptist Finance Committee
- Valley Baptist Audit Committee- Chairman
- Valley Baptist Foundation
- Salvation Army Board
- Harlingen Chamber of Commerce
- Texas State Bancshares- Director Organizer
- Texas Regional Bank-Director